Job Description: The Banff Aspen Lodge and Whitebark Café are in search of a full-time Baker. The Baker is responsible for all the food served in both the Whitebark Cafe and the Banff Aspen Lodge’s Breakfast Room. Daily tasks include serving up to 200 guests buffet style hot and cold breakfast, daily preparation of all of the Whitebark Café’s pastries, grab & go items and baked goods. You will be responsible for keeping a clean kitchen and must be able to work independently. We are a small, creative, energetic, hardworking team looking for someone fun, reliable and focused on quality.
· Ability to speak, write and read English is required, additional languages are an asset
· Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
· Previous kitchen experience
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Capable of working in a fast-paced environment
· Knowledgeable of proper health and food safety procedures
· Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
· Passion for our craft and serving quality products, maximizing guest satisfaction
· Hours per Week: 40 hours
· Staff housing: Subject to availability
Why join the Banff Aspen Lodge family?
· Independently Owned Hotel
· Within the top 10 on TripAdvisor for the most enjoyable hotel in Banff and top 5 for our Cafe.
· Monthly staff events (curling, paintball, rock climbing etc.) and monthly staff lunches
· Employer of Choice in Alberta’s Hotel and Lodging Association
If you are passionate about the industry and committed to excellence, send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . Only successful applicants will be contacted.